Hi Glitter Babes,
Tarte's Carried Away set was one of the first items I put down on my Christmas list this past year. The amount of stuff you get with it, plus the soft case it's all contained in won me over which was why I was so happy to see it under my Christmas tree!
The Carried Away Collection contains four face products, including:
- Adventurous - Amazonian Clay Blush: Brown peachy-pink
- Finishing Powder
- Face Brush
- Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara
- Jena: Reddish-pink
- Mer: Light golden pink with golden shimmer
- Ali: Bright hot pink with iridescent shimmer
- Nuria: Bright pinkish-red
- Heath: Orangey-red with golden shimmer
- Casey: Light pink
- Anne: Medium toned raspberry pink
- Mel: Cool toned bubblegum pink
Lastly, you also get 24 eyeshadows to wear till your heart's content:
- Snowfall in Paris: Shimmery white
- Golden Gate Bridge: Medium toned shimmery orangey gold
- Volcanic Ash: Dark brown with gold shimmer flecks
- Pyramid Gold: Light golden bronze
- Pearl River: Shimmery opalescent white
- Seychelles Sand: Medium toned taupe
- Touchdown in Londontown: Bright pinkish-purple
- Martha's Vineyard: Dark purple
- Pebble Beach: Shimmery peachy beige
- Boston Brick: Matte dark taupe
- Spanish Sangria: Golden plum
- Napa Grapes: Matte deep eggplant
- Georgia Peach: Matte light creamy beige
- Tuscan Sun: Golden medium bronze
- Acai Jungle: Shimmery dark reddish-brown
- Coral Reef: Shimmery peachy-pink
- Iceland Air: Shimmery cool white
- Mystic Seaport: Shimmery greyish-lavendar
- Concrete Jungle: Dark silvery grey
- Hampton Waves: Matte medium teal
- Sunshine State: Shimmery pale yellow-gold
- Hawaiian Palm: Shimmery pale golden green
- Olive Grove: Golden olive bronzey brown
- Sin City: Matte dark grey with bronze shimmer flecks
The blush is a gorgeous brownish pink that highlights a nice tan (when I have one) because of its peachyness. The colour is gorgeous and glides onto the skin really smoothly while lasting longer than my regular blushes. It's also almost full size and you can't beat that in a set like this!
The setting powder is nice and when it's applied over my completed makeup look, it has helped to prolong the makeup and keep me looking fresh without adding/changing any colour. The downside is that it is quite small, so you will only get maybe a good handful of times to use it before you'll run out and have to decide whether you want to pick up a full sized version of it or not.
L-R: Jena, Mer, Ali, Nuria
L-R: Heath, Casey, Anne, Mel
The lip glosses are all pretty much semi-sheer and are best seen on fair to medium complexions. They would look the best alone or on top of a light coloured lipstick so you can get the best pigmentation from them.
L-R: Snowfall in Paris, Golden Gate Bridge, Volcanic Ash, Pyramid Gold
L-R: Pearl River, Seychelles Sand, Touchdown in Londontown, Martha's Vineyard
L-R: Pebble Beach, Boston Brick, Spanish Sangria, Napa Grapes
L-R: Georgia Peach, Tuscan Sun, Acai Jungle, Coral Reef
L-R: Iceland Air, Mystic Seaport, Concrete Jungle, Hampton Waves
L-R: Sunshine State, Hawaiian Palm, Olive Grove, Sin City
I wasn't too impressed with the eyeshadows though.. I love Tarte and their eyeshadows and holiday sets they come out with most of the time but a lot of the shades in this set didn't stand out as anything special to me. The colours didn't come out strong and pigmented in most cases. Compared to my Starlet Palette I picked up for holiday 2011, this one failed to come close to being a great set of shadows like the previous one was for me. If I want a sheer wash of colours on my eyes, I may give some of the colours a try but I'm not often that kind of girl ;) The only quads that struck a somewhat happy chord with me were the last two on the bottom of the set. They seemed to have a lot of colour to them and I could see myself pulling them out for a look here and there. However, I think they are quite dupeable. I think the names of the shadows are adorable and really get me thinking of places I'd love to visit someday but unfortunately they didn't carry with them the excitement that their names brought to my mind.
This set is for you if you're looking to add softer colour into your makeup routine and aren't into anything dramatic and packed with pigment. What impressed me the most is the soft roll up case itself, the blush, the brush that comes with it and the lip glosses are nice for a little touch of colour and can be thrown in your purse for a quick gloss application. The price is great and lessens the damper I have with the eyeshadows.
I'm sure you've noticed that it's been forever since my last video and it upsets me to think it's been this long. Last weekend I had an idea to revamp my filming area so my videos will get better lighting and look more visually entertaining. So, I bought a few things to set up and will be returning with some great videos!! I've had so many ideas and experiences since my last vid and can't wait to share them with you, as well as give my channel more of a presence on YouTube than it's ever had before. Things have been super busy this month as I've been working a lot and I'm trying to get more of a balance going on so Glitter Diaries can be properly tended to :) So, please bear with me as I get the ball rolling again!
Have you seen/picked up Tarte's Carried Away Collection? What do you think of the set?!
Hugs, Kisses & Glitter,